H-Town Sports

Houston Sports Blog - Real sports cities have TWO Conference USA teams

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

More Expected Astros News: Brad Lidge Re-Ups

It's been a busy couple of days for T-Poo. Love it or hate it, H-Town, but Brad Lidge will be back with the 'Stros in 2007.

Count me among those who are shocked that Purpura didn't aggressively shop Lights Out Lidge this off-season, but I'm glad to see him back. Though he is purely a victim of his own unbelievable success in 2004 and 2005, Lidge is a definite talent and has always stood accountable for his failings, no matter how big the stage (e.g., NLCS; World Series). In a sports world that repeatedly features the finger-pointing of degenerates like T.O., it's impossible not to root for dudes like Lidge. I for one will be praying for him to get his mojo back in '07. Admittedly, I may forget that pledge the first time he leaves one across the plate with two outs in the bottom of the ninth. Hey, I'm only human.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Man, am I in the wrong line of work. Have a completely disastrous season, get demoted a couple of times, be so bad that your boss considers shipping you out of town, and in the end - 35% raise! I really should have tried to develop a slider as a kid instead of practicing piano.

Tue Jan 16, 04:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home