H-Town Sports

Houston Sports Blog - Real sports cities have TWO Conference USA teams

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Deke Wags His Finger at Age Jokes

We've all heard the ongoing joke that Dikembe Mutombo is older than Methuselah. Suspicions have surrounded him since he was drafted by the Nuggets back in 1991, largely because he didn't come to the United States for college until he was 21. Well, after sixteen (16) seasons in the NBA, the man has had enough.

Personally, I don't see what the problem is. His age, whatever it is, surely hasn't hindered his career or his finances. He's playing like he's 25 years old right now, rebounding like a madman and ably filling in for Yao. Why does he care if the talking heads question his age? All he's got to do is point to the latest box score. Or his Merrill Lynch account balance. Either should shut the haters right up.

It's like when people say that I look like I'm twelve years old. I just whip out the "Spiderman" ticket stub that I always carry around in my wallet. That film was rated PG-13 when it was released back in 2002. So there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home