H-Town Sports

Houston Sports Blog - Real sports cities have TWO Conference USA teams

Friday, December 08, 2006

Unbelievable--Pettitte Signs With Yanks!

Sweet Jebus:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sportsd/4389076.html

If what Hendricks says is true, this is one of the worst decisions in the history of the Houston Astros organization. I just...I can't believe this. You're really going to let Andy Freaking Pettitte (and Roger Clemens, by the way) walk over $2 mil? Are you kidding me?

What a fine way to go into the weekend. First this, then Vince comes back to kick the Texans in the teeth. Why have you forsaken me, Lord?

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I think that this $2M BS is nothing more than shrewd PR from the Pettitte camp. Purpura may be a lousy GM, but it just doesn't make any sense at all that the Astros would play such illogical hardball with Pettitte, especially knowing that the Rocket's also attached to the deal.

I think that Pettitte was gone to NY, period. He and the Rocket want to retire at year's end with new WS rings in tow, and there's no more storybook place to do that than Yankee Stadium. The Astros should vociferously deny Randy Hendricks' allegation, even if I'm wrong and Purpura/McLane are even dumber than I've thought and Hendricks' claim is true, because it sure makes them look like idiots. It's one thing to lose out to the Yankees; it's another to embarrass the franchise and city while doing it.

Fri Dec 08, 03:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home