H-Town Sports

Houston Sports Blog - Real sports cities have TWO Conference USA teams

Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Hits Just Keep on Comin'...

'Stros hitting coach Gary Gaetti is fired:

Awesome. The same guy who was praised as a guru last year during the World Series run (when the Astros also failed to consistently hit, I might add) is the latest domino to fall. I guess I didn't realize that July 12, 2006 was "Wacky Reactionary Day" at Minute Maid Park. I hope Hallmark makes a card for that.

How do you think Jim Hickey feels right about now? For what it's worth, my bet is that The Peanut Dude is the next to get a pink slip. It's clearly his fault Adam Everett hits like a blindfolded four year old girl.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Just further proof that the Astros are in Desparation Mode. What a joke.

I'm also stunned that if you're going to take a guy off the roster and send him to Round Rock to play CF everyday, it's Jason instead of Willy Taveras? That boggles my mind as well.

Thu Jul 13, 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Agreed; I will never understand why they sent Lane down instead of Willy. Willy's younger, needs the reps, and can't hit the ball out of the infield. Seems like a pretty easy call to me.

Thu Jul 13, 10:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home