H-Town Sports

Houston Sports Blog - Real sports cities have TWO Conference USA teams

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

He's Greek to Me

I don't have any clue whether or not Vassillis Spanouils can play or not. To be honest, I have my doubts as to whether or not anyone really does. The hit-or-miss game of plucking Euros from their professional ranks and inserting them into NBA rotations has grown quite tiresome on me. "The Next Dirk" is as popular of a moniker on The Network as "The Next Mr. Pamela Anderson". It sure seems to me that for every Pau Gasol, there are at least five Boki Snackbars. Despite of my glaring indifference, the Rockets have committed three years and $5 million to this Greek guard. If nothing else, at least we will be spared from further, seemingly endless speculation. Vas will either make a deferens, or he will not (not bad, eh?). There will certainly be an opportunity for him to make a difference in the Rockets' subpar backcourt.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

V-Span can ball. He is one of the premiere PGs in Europe and we need a back-up PG. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see him starting over Alston by the time the season ends.

Wed Jul 19, 09:06:00 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I agree that we need a good guard. I would love to see Vas succeed. After watching Sarunas Jasukavicus (sp) dominate the 2004 Olympics for Lithuania, I thought he'd be a star in the NBA. So far, that's not the case, though. Hopefully, the Rockets' patience with VS will pay off.

Thu Jul 20, 11:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home