H-Town Sports

Houston Sports Blog - Real sports cities have TWO Conference USA teams

Monday, October 16, 2006

Seems My Brush With Buchanon Has Become All The More Ironic...

As noted below, I bumped into Texans CB Phillip Buchanon after yesterday's game at DFW Airport. I even got his autograph. Not because I'm an autograph hound. Not because I think he's a good cornerback. No, I got it purely for the humorous anecdote it would inspire amongst my friends. At the time, I remember wondering aloud to one of my buddies why Buchanon was wandering Terminal E and not on the team charter back to H-Town. Seems my pal's explanation was right on the money. In light of this afternoon's news, it seems that I got far more than a humorous anecdote out of my brush with the poster child for the Texans' personnel failings. I became a part of history:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4263120.html

That's right--P-Buck/Showtime/The Guy Who Casserly Acquired for a Second and Third Round Draft Pick in 2005 is no longer a Texan. If there was any ever any doubt that I was going to get my autographed ticket stub framed, it has now been completely erased. I quite likely got the last autograph Phillip Buchanon ever signed as a Texan. And that, my friends, is simultaneously priceless and worthless. Good luck, P-Buck.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Did you happen to notice whether or not Phil picked up an application while he was at BK?

I'm sure there's also a "Have it Your Way" joke in here somewhere about the Texans' secondary and its eager willingness to cooperate with whatever route opposing receivers decide to run, but I'm not sure exactly how to phrase it.

Mon Oct 16, 05:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home