H-Town Sports

Houston Sports Blog - Real sports cities have TWO Conference USA teams

Monday, July 31, 2006

Un-Freaking Believable - Oswalt to Mets???

I realize that rumors are a dime a dozen this time of year (of all the talk about Carlos Lee and whether or not he would be traded, I never once saw the Rangers as a possible destination), but the smoke seems to be thickening, and the clock continues to tick. Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that the Mets are dangling Lastings Milledge at the Giants and Astros, hoping to get either Jason Schmidt or Roy Oswalt. Milledge is a nice player, but again, Oswalt is worth much, much more in my mind than a great OF prospect. Throw in Mike Pelfrey, Aaron Heilman and Phillip Humber, and we'll talk. Oswalt is a young, proven 20-game winner.

One other note to Timmy P: if you're looking to run a talented young OF into the Astros' everyday lineup, check Whataburger Field. There's a guy by the name of Pence who fits the bill nicely. And you wouldn't even have to trade Roy O to get him!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Milledge for Oswalt? I think I just had a stroke. You know, I had promised myself that I was going to take it easy until the Hooks game on Friday. But T-Poo's apparent desire to destroy the franchise will have me reaching for a bottle of scotch before lunchtime.

Mon Jul 31, 09:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home