H-Town Sports

Houston Sports Blog - Real sports cities have TWO Conference USA teams

Thursday, June 16, 2005

We Might Be Terrible...

But at least our local sports section doesn't devote valuable real estate to the incoherent ramblings of Mr. Jessica Simpson. Should you not want to click on the link below, allow me to summarize--Dan O'Brien bad. Danny Graves good. University of Cincinnati bad. Bob "One More Round" Huggins good. Having your own career bad. Piggybacking on your hot wife's career good. Backstreet Boys bad. Frosted tips good. I could go on like this for hours:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050530/SPT/505300372/1078

Give me my struggling MLB team and dignified fanbase over that inexcusable crap any day of the week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I never claimed that Ohio was a high-class state. It's quite clear that the cosmopolitan ambience of Kentucky is still dragging the bottom of the muddy Ohio River, not quite making its way North. However, I do see how it's quite exciting for you to be able to generate sports-related nugget (in addition to the obvious three-man naked hair tip frosting races) out of your subscription to Tiger Beat.

Sat Jun 18, 11:45:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tiger Beat and Cosmo Girl are underestimated sources for sports news. That's the only reason I've renewed my subscription all these years. That, and the dreamy pin-up posters.

Sat Jun 18, 04:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home